If you’re currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a broadcast related curriculum, you may be eligible for a scholarship through the Missouri Broadcasters Association. Application packet must reach us by March 17, 2017.
- Must be a Missouri resident.
- Must be currently attending a Missouri College, university or accredited tech/trade school or be a graduating high school senior who has been admitted to a Missouri institution of higher learning.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a broadcast or related curriculum, which provides training and expertise applicable to a broadcast operation.
- Must be a full-time student for every semester the scholarships awarded. Full-time status requires enrollment in at least 12 credit hours.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent, which must be maintained for each semester of the scholarship.
- A completed application signed by the school's department head or guidance counselor certifying that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Essay (Three pages, typed, single spaced). Please see the application for subjects that must be addressed.
- Five copies of the application and attachments.
The selection committee will use the following information during its evaluation process:
- The applicant's curriculum and career goals.
- Clarity of thought and expression.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Financial need. (While not a primary consideration, applicants should provide information as to how their education is funded.)
All aplicants who will be considered for the final selection by the Scholarship Committee will be asked to travel, at their own expense, to Jefferson City for in-person interviews.
Applications must reach us by March 17, 2017. Please send application with all necessary materials to:
Ozarks Public Television
901 S National
Springfield, MO 65897