How does the IRA Rollover work?
CHARITABLE IRA ROLLOVER – Extended through December 31, 2013
- Donor must be 70 ½ years of age or older and have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- In order to qualify for the tax-free treatment, the donor cannot claim a charitable income tax deduction for the gift or receive any goods or services in return for the charitable IRA rollover contribution
- Can contribute up to $100,000 without counting the distributions as taxable income
- Check must come directly from the IRA to the charity (Missouri State University Foundation)
- Designate the organization (for Ozarks Public Television or KSMU)
- Check should be mailed to:
Missouri State University Foundation
300 S. Jefferson Ave
Springfield, MO 65806
- Missouri State University Foundation Tax ID # 431234200
- Extension: The Act extends the IRA Charitable Rollover for 2012 and 2013.
To participate in the Charitable IRA Rollover program, contact your IRA representative. Checks must be issued directly from the IRA to the Missouri State University Foundation and should designate the recipient as either Ozarks Public Television or KSMU.
For more information, call Lori Street at 417/836-3506.